If you are prone to dry lips, winter may feel like the most dangerous time for your face. In truth, you can take several steps to ensure that your lips are soft and plump throughout the cold season. Try out these tips to learn more.
1. Oil your lips. After you shower or wash your face with warm water, use a soft toothbrush and some olive oil or coconut oil to rub your lips in a circular motion. The dry, chapped parts of your lip will be brushed off.
2. Moisturize your lips with balm occasionally. Balm creates a soft, luscious primer for a lipstick that will make your lips more supple.
3. Use an SPF lip balm. Did you know that your lips can get sunburned? Make sure to use SPF to keep your lips from getting burned and dried out, even underneath the lipstick you put on. If you do end up with a sunburn on your lips, use aloe vera to make your skin soft and supple. You can get a burn even during winter.
4. Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways you can keep your lips from becoming flaky. When you are dehydrated, your lips are going to show it off more than other parts of your body.
5. Use your own lip scrub at home. You can make lip scrub with ingredients like sugar, brown sugar, olive oil, and honey. Mix ingredients together to create a scrub you can rub against your lips with a toothbrush. This exfoliation method will help eliminate some of the flakes you experience.
6. Avoid ingredients you do not recognize. You should avoid lipsticks and balms with extra fragrances and dyes. Pay attention to the additives found in your lip products.
7. Stop licking your lips. When you lick your lips often, the saliva dries them out. You will notice that your lips get flakier even faster when you are licking your lips.
8. Try out a nourishing lipstick from a company like VIP Cosmetics. You may be surprised at how much the right lipstick can leave your lips feeling soft and moist throughout the winter. Natural ingredients are ideal for your lips.
With these tips, you will ensure that your lips are perfectly suited for the winter festivities. You won't feel embarrassed about your lips ever again, and your lipstick will appear natural and supple instead of dehydrated and flaky.Share
30 November 2018
Although most people chalk up new outfits and fresh makeup as sheer vanity, the fact of the matter is that how you look greatly affects the first impression you make with others. If you look your best, you can feel your best and send out the right messages to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, it isn't always easy to know how to dress and which foundation matches your skin tone. I want to teach you how to do your hair and perfect your makeup, so that you can feel like a million dollars every single day. Read my blog to find out more.